Gosford High School is an academically selective high school.
Students seeking enrolment into Year 7 at Gosford High School must sit the selective schools test. Placements are offered by the NSW Department of Education High Performance Unit based on the results of that test.
APPLICATIONS FOR YEAR 7 2024 HAVE NOW CLOSED
Application for entry into Year 7 is determined by an examination set by the High Performing Students Unit of the NSW Department of Education.
Applications opened on 18th October and closed on 16th November 2022.
Applications were for students in Year 5 in 2022.
The Selective High School Placement Test will be held on the 4th May 2023.
Applications for Year 7 entry were available :- on https://education.nsw.gov.au/shs-oc (18th October 2022 - NOW CLOSED)
For detailed information regarding Year 7 entry : Year 7 Application Process & Information
APPLICATIONS FOR YEAR 8 TO YEAR 11 2024
Applications for Year 8 to Year 11 2023 have now closed.
The following information is provided for information purposes only.
- Applications for Years 8-11, 2024 open 20th June 2023
- Applications for Years 8-11, 2024 close 21st July 2023
- The placement test will be held 5th August 2023 at GHS in the school hall.
- The Selection Committee will meet to consider 2024 applications in August / September 2023
- Outcome advice will be forwarded to applicants in September / October 2023
Gosford High School and the schools listed below coordinate their entry test procedures for Years 8 to 11.
- Caringbah High School
- Fort Street High School - Year 11 only
- Girraween High School
- Hornsby Girls High School
- Hurlstone Agricultural High School
- Manly Selective Campus
- Sydney Technical High
- Penrith Selective High School
- St George Girls High School
Application can be made to a maximum of three selective high schools. To gain entry to the above selective schools in Years 8-11 your child will need to sit the Higher Ability Selection Test (HAST) developed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) in Melbourne.
If your first preference is Gosford High School, you will need to apply and pay for the test at Gosford High School prior to the closing date. Your child will then sit the test at Gosford High School..
You must send separate applications to all the Selective High schools in which you are seeking enrolment.
For detailed information regarding the application process for Years 8-11 entry, including eligibility criteria
TEST VENUE: Gosford High School hall
TEST DATE: 5th August 2023
COST OF TEST: $100.00
An administration fee of $100 must be paid to Gosford High School when the application is submitted. This administration fee pays for the setting and marking of the test by Australian Council Educational Research (ACER) Melbourne.
All applicants must bring a photo ID to the exam.
For Years 8-11 Download the application form within the open dates listed above.
Along with the application the following information is also required.
- A covering letter
- A copy of your child's birth certificate, citizenship certificate or passport and visa documents
- Copies of the last 2 years reports
- Half yearly report for 2023 (If 2023 half yearly report is not available before closing date, please send in your application with all the other required documents with a covering letter explaining the half yearly report will be forwarded as soon as practicable)
- Copies of the most recent NAPLAN results (2023 results can be emailed to the school when available)
- Copies of achievements/awards
- Also attach copies of any relevant documentation that supports the progress of the student
Due to the volume of applications we are not able to accept them electronically.
Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT?
Email email@example.com to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.